Tuesday 30 June 2020

DFI 9 - The race to the finish!

Racing Flag PNG Images, Free Transparent Racing Flag Download ... Sprint to the finish line Racing Flag PNG Images, Free Transparent Racing Flag Download ...
Moving Outcomes Improvement Projects to the Finish Line
The end of the course is in sight. The finish line is ahead. I can see it. BUT will I reach it? 

A big question with a lot of doubt hanging there.... and it is also important to remember that although the finish line is in my reach, it could also be the START of one too. 

This course has had many highs and many lows over the nine weeks. I have learned much about digital tools and how I can implement them in my class, but there has been much more learning behind the scenes about myself as a teacher. 

REFLECTIONS
  • What are you proud of?

I am most proud of my own efforts during the course. I was unsure and hesitant about my own capabilities even though I had worked my way through the quagmire during the lockdown. I started from an idea and it has continued to grow and evolve during the time I have been on the course. I have tried, I have cried. And I have been angry at myself. But I continue to move forward on this journey to reach my goal of being a 'great' teacher and supporter of our young students in our school.

I am proud of the support from the parents and children during the new phase of change. Change is not always easy for us oldies, but I have to say the excitement and eagerness of the children to learn new ways of learning, creating, and sharing at school, has been inspiring.

  • What do you regret?

Life doesn't provide you with regrets, just reflections on choices. At this point, I can not think of any 'regrets' I have. It has been a busy time on the course and at times overwhelming but I move forward with confidence. Onwards and upwards! YEEHAW!! Ride 'em, cowboy!

  • What will you be taking forward into the ‘new’ era of schooling?

The confidence in trying new things and knowing that it is ok if they don't work out first time is what I am taking with me as I move forward.


Thank you to Latham Martin and the team at Manaiakalani for the opportunity to learn and grow in my digital ability. I look forward to learning more and more as time goes on.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Trish.
    Just wondering how you got on with your Level 1 Google Exam, and hoping it was good news?

    It was great to read your post and see that you got something from completing the DFI. There are certainly some amazing tools out there for us to use with our students and having the time to have a go with them ourselves is the best way to make use of them in our teaching.

    Thanks for all your hard work and sharing over the nine weeks Trish.
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete