Tuesday 9 June 2020

DFI Session 6

Goggle Sites in  Depth

Reviewing Google Sites

Today we had a chance to look around a series of sites. The idea was to look and review what worked well to engage students, and what didn't. It was good to do this, as it highlighted what I need to do to make my site work better for students to engage with. 

This class site shows the friendly user interface and ease of navigation. Its simplicity and direct instructions to students, its bright colours and quick clicking buttons, make it simple for younger students to easily navigate and engage with. 


My Google Site

Today we reviewed the basics and purpose of a Google site for class learning. I gave consideration to the visual appeal and site functionality along with an understanding of my students' capabilities. I spent time on my site updating and adding slides to my reading groups. CHECK IT OUT HERE






2 comments:

  1. Ka pai Trish, your site looks amazing. I love the simplicity, the visual appeal and that you used images of your students. Isn't it wonderful to get this opportunity to work on your class site and have support. Thanks for such an awesome blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicola. I am very lucky to get a chance to create and tst out the use of a Google site and blocg with my Year ones. If it hadnt been for the lockdown, I would never have realised how capable and confident my 5 year olds are with technology.

      Delete