Tuesday 2 June 2020

DFI Day 5


Class sites - Hooking the students into Learning


Today we talked bout how multimodal learning can be used to provide a variety of learning opportunities, remove barriers, and encourage enthusiasm towards engagement in learning online. 


What is my class shop window? 
Is it visually attractive?
How much text is there?
Is it engaging?  behavioral and cognitive
Is it authentic?
Can students engage with it?
What do I want to showcase so that students have access to learning?

Reflecting on these ideas shared, and considering the class setting and age and capabilities of the students, I want to explore how smaller groups, whole-class learning,  and individual learning can be utilized better in the classroom. Also, finally how teachers can collaborate and make visible the child's whole journey through the school and the aims and goals for this journey. 
Why is multi-modal learning important?

Class on Air - link to online classrooms in Manaiakalani 


Google Sites - Making a google site 

This section of learning was interesting, as it solidified my own exploration and creation of my class site - Bethlehem. It was good to confirm that I was using the system in the best way, to invite learning to occur by students. 

Link to Site 

It was great to spend time to develop new ways of creating learning slides that would be suitable for the age group I am working with. I learned how to save the downloaded audio files into my drive, and then upload onto a slide so students can access and listen. 




2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Trish.
    How wonderful to read of how you have used the multi modal session today in your learning plans. You have certainly been very creative for your learners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trish, it is so nice to hear that last weeks session helped solidify your learning of google sites. Sometimes it is really nice to go back to the beginning and refresh our minds of what we do know. I quite often put pressure on myself to keep learning more, but it is nice to appreciate all that we do know!
    I look forward to seeing and hearing more of your learning over the next few weeks!
    Ayla :)

    ReplyDelete