Tuesday 23 June 2020

DFI session 7

Week 7

This week was very disheartening. I was hugely challenged by the learning, but the positive that I can now see a week later, is that I have a barrier towards technology. I see it in class when I am approached by students when there is a tech issue. I see it when I don't know how to fix the issue arisen.

I know that part of this is due to wanting the learning to happen for the student, in a smooth functional way. It is due to not knowing what I don't know yet.

This barrier will be something that I will try to work on now. I am not sure how this will look at this stage. I do know that I have great support at school with the facilitator that comes in, and feel that he is approachable and able to empower me to feel confident about working through this barrier.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Trish,

    It is great to read your blogpost and view your thoughts and reflections of how tools and technology really do make us all view our roles as a teacher and a learner differently. I am sorry I could not be part of the DFI this week and support you with your learning. Keep up the great learning as I can see some amazing things happening in your classroom that are benefiting your learners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Latham. I really didnt realise how much I would get out of this course to benefit myself as a teacher and my wonderfully capable, brillliant students. The course has pushed me out of my comfort zone several times, and extended my capapbilites in ways that I dont think I would have experienced had I not had been on this course. Thank you for always supporting and encouraging me.

      Delete