Tuesday 19 May 2020

DFI Day 3


CREATE


Today sparked reflection and thought around how it is important to 'hook' students into the learning through 'being creative in the way we share the learning with others.

Questions to ponder:


  • How important is this for students? 
  • What benefits does it offer?
  • How do I do this in the classroom? 
  • What does 'create' look like in my classroom now? 
  • Can it be better?
  • Is it different depending on the curriculum being covered? 
  • How does time, schedule, and routine play a part?
  • How much of the creation should I be offering? 
  • Does it need to be for all areas or just a few?
  • How do students decide what is important to share and not share?
  • How often does technology become part of the Year 1 students' way of creating? 
  • Do parents understand what learning looks like now in the 21st century?




Leading NZ Research in Student Success and Learning ------->  Woolfe Fisher Research in Auckland


Sir Ken Robinson - TED talk link 

MEDIA

This was interesting and I could see the application of these ideas within the school and in particular in engaging students in my class.

GOOGLE DRAWING

Website buttons - shape, fill colour, size, resizing canvas size (file page set up and adjust for printing), get embed code to use in the blog under HTML, insert images, cropping, mask button

FURTHER EXPLORATION
Editing and resizing photos
Word Banks
Learning Menus


ANIMATION WITH GOOGLE SLIDES




UPDATE from last week

WWW - Accelerated Learning 
Last week we looked at how teachers can be effective. I continually reflect and consider how I could do an activity or learning experience better. Since then, I have been looking at ways that I can help my Year 1 students to become more independent in their learning through the use of the pads in the classroom. I gave thought to what the successful result would look like and then backtracked to break down the steps to introduce and support individual learning for each student in the class. I have started by learning the basics of an Ipad - turning in, where it is charged, using the headphone jack, and looking at Seesaw as a way to introduce the class blog. All the pads have been updated to only have the minimal buttons students need to access also.

No comments:

Post a Comment